Sports Massage Therapist & Personal Trainer
Member of the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) – Registration Number: R0059396
Graduated from University – MMU Cheshire
Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise & Sports Science
- PTTLS Tutor and Assessor Award
- Sport Massage Therapy ITEC Qualified
- VTCT Level 3 Swedish Massage Diploma
- ITEC Level 2 Complimentary Therapy Diploma
- Indoor Cycling Qualification with YMCAfit
- Personal Training Qualification with YMCAfit
Also trained in and trained to teach:- (2012)
- Advanced Gym level 2 and 3
- Level 3 & 4 Nutrition
- Training in different environments
- Kettle bell Training
- Suspension Training
- Circuit Training
- Functional Training
- Boxing Level 1 and 2
- Running – Understanding of gait and technique
- Indoor cycling Training (Spin)
I have five years experience working as a sports massage therapist, providing effective treatment for a range of complaints, including neck and shoulder tension, lower back pain and poor posture. Providing professional advice and treatment encourages my clients to progress with their recovery of specific injuries or recurrent complaints.
I have an extensive background in sport and exercise and have been qualified as a personal trainer for eight years. My knowledge and understanding of the human anatomy enables me to treat specific muscle groups and also advise on particular strengthening and flexibility exercises.
Which Sport / Exercise do you take part in?:
I currently play both golf and tennis throughout most of the year. I enjoy going to the gym regularly and continue to train with client’s dependant on the personal training session I plan.
An interesting fact about you:
I competed in Junior Wimbledon.
What do you LOVE about your work?
I love being able to educate my clients about the benefits of sports massage and an active lifestyle. People often under estimate how effective small changes can be, and the transformations that can occur. My work is often rewarding seeing my client’s improve not only in their physical wellbeing, e.g. relief in pain and discomfort but also in their psychological wellbeing, e.g. improved self-confidence.
Who do you work with?
I work with a range of clients on an individual, couple and group basis. My clients have ranged from school age to over 65.
I work with those who suffer from:
- Neck and shoulder tension.
- Lower back pain.
- Poor posture.
- Over worked muscle groups requiring aid in removing lactic acid.
- Reduced range of motion at particular joints showing a lack of mobility and flexibility.