request a free consultation
20th November 2012
Sharp new physio gets straight to the point!
Jayne Crook, who recently joined the team at Meadowhead Physiotherapy brings with her a wealth of experience and with her sporting background as an international fencer, a special insight into sports rehabilitation and motivating people from all backgrounds back to full fitness.
12th November 2012
Jenny joins the elite
Congratulations to Jenny on successfully qualifying as a JEMS rehabilitation practitioner and in so doing joins an elite group of expert physiotherapists who use cutting edge techniques to rehabilitate their patients. Find out what makes JEMS unique
Meadowhead Physiotherapy was established by Jenny Manners MCSP in 2006. Jenny, who had previously worked in the NHS before having children and then subsequently for other private practices, felt that she wanted the autonomy to set her own standards and treat people in a different way. Jenny started out working from a single room on her own, delivering the standards of care she knew people expected and deserved. We have grown considerably since then, expanding our range of services and seeking out the best possible people to deliver the standards of care we expect for our patients. But our objective has always remained the same – to give you the high quality treatment you need to get you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.
Our Sheffield practice is committed to providing the best quality service to our patients. All of our physios are highly experienced Chartered physiotherapists and are registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC). We only recruit specialists with a minimum of 5 years experience, but in practice most have far more than this, in some cases over 20 years! Our team is committed to Continuous Professional Development; which in other words means we all undertake regular post-graduate training to further develop our skills and knowledge – this is a requirement of all Chartered physiotherapists. However, many of our team will have attained or be working towards Post-graduate Certificates, Masters level degrees or doctorates. For more information about the individuals working in the practice, visit our Team page
Our Code of Practice
- We will be honest with you about what we can do for you and how long it may take to get you better;
- You will never, ever be pressurised into continuing with treatment. It is entirely your choice and we will always respect your decision;
- The treatment you receive will always be appropriate to your condition and we will explain what we are doing and why in a way that you can understand (free from jargon);
- We will always advise you with your best interests in mind, based on our professional opinion and clinical experience;
- We will never “over-treat” your condition. To do so would not reflect well on us and would result in you being unhappy. Indeed, we share our performance statistics with GPs and Health Insurance companies, so it is in our interests to treat you appropriately and get you better as quickly as possible;
- We will loan you any equipment you may need as part of your treatment;
- We monitor the performance of each physiotherapist to ensure treatment progression and maximum results throughout the treatment process;
- We will ensure confidentiality and respect your privacy at all times.
and all other leading insurance providers
latest from our blog...
Jenny's comment on an American study that looked at whether women have an increased risk of injury when exercising in the week before their period is due.
Jenny explains how qualifying as a JEMS practitioner has enabled her to develop her ability to prescribe far more effective, enjoyable & symptom specific exercises, leading to improved results.